I’m floored by what a kick-ass purchase I made for my kids. It’s full-blown Android on a stick! Think USB stick but a bit bigger and instead of USB it’s HDMI. Plugs right into you TV and boom you’ve got full-on Android running on your TV. My kids LOVE it! They’re playing games, surfing facebook and youtube, even streaming media from my Plex server. It’s bad-ass!
I bought this for $80 from GeekBuying. You can see the product page here. It comes bundled w/ the sweet wireless keyboard / track pad. Hell that thing lists for $25 on it’s own!
Here’s a video review of what I bought (no I didn’t make this vid):
The spec’s on the Android Stick are awesome as well:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 8 GIGS storage
- MicroSD slot to expand storage another 32GB
- K3066 dual core processor, running up to 1.6Ghz
- 1 GIG RAM
- 802.11 b/g/n wifi
- Can hookup USB hard drives!
- I bought the $7 USB2Ethernet they offer for fast connection!
- There’s an app in Google Play (MK802 III) that lets you use your smartphone as a controller (including accelerometer function!)
I’m telling you folks this is the best $100 I’ve spent in a long time! Also I want to give some praise to the Geekbuying.com folks. I screwed up putting in my address and they pro-actively hit me up to get it resolved instead of just shipping it out and hoping for the best! I got it a day after they shipped it!
Comment Via Facebook